8 week course
16 October – 4 December 2019
Wednesdays, 6pm to 8:30pm
What is MSC?
Mindful Self-Compassion is a way to ease stress, anxiety, depression and pain while promoting calm, strength and vitality. Mindfulness is the ability to be more aware, to be present so we can stand back to develop more perspective. When we add compassion to mindfulness, we greatly increase the power of transformation and our capacity for resilience. Compassion contains what we all yearn for – feelings of acceptance, comfort, care, happiness, kindness and love. What hap-pens when we turn this power onto our-selves? Mindful Self-compassion is a brave new way to care for ourselves that promotes our health and wellness.
The Mindful Self-Compassion Course consists of more than 20 easy, quick, simple ways to soothe and calm ourselves in times of stress to increase our ability to resolve challenges and to enjoy life.
Following is a brief outline of the 8 week program
Discovering Mindful Self-Compassion
Discovering & Practicing Loving-Kindness
Recognising Your Compassionate Voice
Uncovering Strengths & Values
Managing Difficult Emotions
Exploring Challenging Relationships
Embracing Your Life
After participating in this course, you’ll be able to:
- practice mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
- cultivate feelings of goodwill, kindness and warmth towards self and others
- motivate yourself and others with en-couragement rather than harsh self-criticism
- handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- cultivate happiness and positive emotions
- manage stress, anxiety, anger, guilt and shame with more grace and find creative ways of resolving challenges
- begin to transform difficult relation-ships, old and new
- manage burnout, caregiver fatigue and vicarious trauma
- become more aware and able to attend skilfully to your needs and the needs of others
- practice the art of savouring and appreciation
Research findings over the last 30 years support the benefits of the practice of mindfulness and more recently self-compassion in promoting better health, wellness, satisfying relation-ships and better functioning at home and in the work place.
20 Jarrett Street, Leichhardt
Wednesday nights 16 October to 4 December 2019, 6pm to 8:30pm
Please register your interest by sending us your details using the form below or call (02) 9518 1061.
Matthew Evans, MA Psych, MAPS
Matthew is a highly experienced psychologist who has worked in private practice for many years. He is an experienced group facilitator and trainer having run more than a dozen Mindfulness Training Programs over the years including this program on mindful self-compassion. He loves connecting clients with resources within themselves and their environment. He finds that helping clients connect with their innate wisdom and common-sense allows them to resolve many of life’s challenges.